Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Season 3, Episode 17: "Catch 22"
Alright, I've really been slacking on getting these posts done, and I'm sure there's only like 5 of you still reading, so instead of my usual jibber jabber, I'm just going to get right down to business this week.

Anyone notice the picture on Desmond's Boss-Monk's desk this week (besides Ed)? Well, what I first thought was the pope was instead our old friend Clock Lady from Desmond's initial flashback/lucid dream episode this season. Check it out:




First of all, it should be noted that this pic is very poorly photoshopped...and I must say I'm a little disappointed in the producers on this one, but I suppose I will let it slide. I will suspend disbelief for a moment and assume that it is in fact a pic of the Monk and Clock Lady at the Monastery.

Secondarily, for those of you who don't remember, this lady, or "Oracle," as some are calling her, was the "guide" in Desmond's lucid dream in episode 3x8, when we learned of his ability to see the future. It can't be a coincidence that she pops up in this mysterious photo. Couple that with the fact that Desmond was literally plucked from the street by Brother Boss-Monk, brought to the monastery for a brief time, and then let go into the hands of Penny Whidmore - the impetus of his eventual trek to the Island - and you've got a recipe for another full on Lost mystery.

In Desmond's dream, Clock Lady continually asserts that Desmond is on a "path" that could not be interrupted and that his "purpose" was to push that button on the Island. This whole coincidence further pads the theory that Dharma and/or the Others have somehow drawn specific people to the Island. But who's team is the Clock Lady on? Is she Jacob? Is the Monk Jacob? The producers hinted that something "momentous" would happen in this episode, and even though we had a person fall from the sky this week, I've got to believe that this connection is what they were speaking of. We'll see, I suppose....


Shifting gears to the woman from the Helicopter: first of all, since when can you EJECT from a helicopter? Isn't that a Polish joke or something? (Author's note: I love polish people and never joke about them...when they're around). Regardless, we have a new character on the Island and I would have to assume that she is part of the same team that we saw in the cliffhanger of season two (remember them, the two Portuguese dudes in the sub that thought they found the Island and called Penny? It only took 17 episodes but we've picked up on that storyline...maybe). We can assume that this new woman is also Portuguese, since the copy of "Catch 22" that she had in her back was written in.....well, Portuguese.


Another question people are asking is if the Helicopter/Plane/Hanglider crashed over the water, how did the woman land on the Island? Well, for the sake of not beating a dead horse over every little detail (seriously, these Lost addicts are nuts), let's assume that she ejected while flying over the Island and the 'Copter ditched in the water. Probably.
*********
Thank you Lost Producers for the unnecessary but wonderful shot of Kate getting dressed in her tent. That was great.
*********
There's really no other pics of interest to post other than the ones above. I suppose I should speak to the whole "did Desmond change the identity of the pilot from Penny to this new girl cause he saved Charlie"... well, I don't think he did. I have no back up, but I just think that it's more plausible that the woman works for Penny and was sent to the Island to find him. Penny's a rich girl, she has people for this kind of thing.
THIS JUST IN: In this week's Lost Podcast, executive producers Lindelhoff and Cuse confirmed that Christian Shephard, Jack's Father, is in fact dead. I've posed a few time that maybe he was alive. I was wrong. Damn.
Look for some more info on the pregnancy issue this week as I believe we will find out for sure if Jin is the father of Sun's baby or not. Additionally, I'm told that we will revisit the pilot and see what's up with her. Let's hope for a good one!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

7:26a?

-----------------------

Why do you keep saying that no one is reading? Why would so many be harassing you about it if that was true? Stop your noise and get going on next this week's research.

------------------------

Something I meant to post from last week and never got around to: don't think for a moment that Kate is not pregnant with Sawyers baby. I think that's so obvious that no one even needs to actually say it.

-------------------------

12:24 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

And for the record, I did notice the 'Oracle' picture on the desk, if for no other reason than the *awful* photo editing. How could you miss it?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Rutherford said...

Funny you mentioned that Kate is probably pregnant...I actually had written in my notes "Kate = preggy" but forgot to put it in this week. Can't wait for Sawyer Jr.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't stop.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read every week 5 minutes before the show starts to refresh my memory and pick up on all the things that I miss and somehow you guys pick up. Keep up the good work.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home