Thursday, March 01, 2007

Season 3, Episode 10: Trisha Takana is Dead (seriously, that's the title)


Ok, so it looks like Lost has gone 0 for 2 in the past couple episodes. But let's not panic, instead let's remember that every season has a handful of fluff episodes to develop some characters that aren't necessarily as edgy as others. Hugo is a comic relief figure, and to be fair, there were some fairly funny scenes last night (by the way, I think Roger is my new favorite character...the scene with him taking a load off and chilling with Sawyer over a beer was simply fantastic.)







But let's get serious...there were some pretty amazing connections last night. First and foremost, Asian reporter Trisha Takanawa:












Hands up if you're with me, but I'm thinking that Trisha Takanawa from Family Guy may be THE SAME reporter as Trisha Takana from Lost. I know it's a stretch, but I think I may be on to something here. Now that's got me thinking about a possible Brian the dog and Vincent connection too. Hmmmmm...(I apologize to you who don't watch Family Guy...but at the same time I pity you...).


Connection #2...Cheech Marin, formerly one half of perma-high Cheech and Chong, makes his debut as Hugo's money grubbing Pop on the SAME episode that Hurley finds a V-Dubs bus - an iconic symbol representing stoned hippies everywhere (I've heard). COINCIDENCE? I think not. See while all you guys were groaning at the cheesy scenes I was putting the puzzle together. These things are important.


Alright...so not much happened last night. They did give us a nugget at the end with the whole Rousseau bit, but do you honestly think she's surprised that Alex is still on the Island? I mean, where else would she be? And speaking of Rousseau...why hasn't she scoured the Island in the last 16 years to find the Others' camp? She tied up with other things to do? You know, like generally being crazy and shooting at anything that moves? Ugh. I'm tired.


There was a map found last night, but again, it's been a busy day and while I'm sure it leads to something, there's just not enough time to figure it out right now. Word on the street is that it's a tunnel to something, or somewhere...but I was too busy wondering what Dharma beer tastes like and hatching up ways to recreate and sell it to figure out the map. (I'd totally buy a six pack of Dharma beer - and I know you probably would too...if I was motivated I'd make this happen).


I apologize for my recent absence to all (6) of you, but let's hope that next week we're back and rejuvenated. Cause I can't handle an 0 for 3 in three weeks. But it's a Sayid episode and it looks like they hang out with eye patch guy, so - dare I say it - looks like some answers are on the way. Till then....here's some pics:







1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Who is taking care of Vincent? Has he been chewing on Roger the whole time?

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home